Can the 9 volt lick test kill you? Oct 11, 1. Dec 15, White Salmon, WA.
How did it feel? Is it safe? Answer 7 years ago.
The other day I had to replace a battery in a clock. Since my sons never throw anything away, I assumed it was a dead battery, but I had to try it anyway. I debated giving it the tongue test. I had vague memories of licking batteries to see if they still had any juice in them.
On your suggestion I bought your book for my three children. They have had so much fun planning what they want to do! As they are a little older than your charges I have no problem with sending them off on a bus or building a fire.
Forgot your password? Or sign in with one of these services. Recently in our APC physics class we have been doing electricity and magnetism and therefore our labs include creating circuits with wires, resistors, breadboards and batteries.
Just for the sake of curiosity, if you put your tongue on a 9-volt battery, you would get a slightly painful shock that almost resembles sour taste, kind of like lemonade. Why does that happen? But, on the other hand, if you touch them with your tongue, the saliva promptly completes the circuit.
The other day I was messing around on my electric guitar when the distortion cut out. After a few minutes of troubleshooting, I figured out that the nine-volt battery powering my pedal must have finally died out. I collapsed, so totally defeated. In a split second, the universe had taken away from me everything that was going on at that very moment.